As of the new season for domestic, and will be for VJBL quite possibly as well.
These will be added to our by-laws, and website shortly.
Please be aware the FIBA rules have changed effective from the start of our new season (Monday October 1st).
To follow is a file outlining all the changes made, but the key changes for a domestic level are:-
– Technical fouls (player, coach and bench) will all now be two shots + possession (This is not the FIBA rule, but instead a state-wide by-law that will be used in VJBL and BigV as well).
– The inbound following a technical foul, unsportsmanlike foul or disqualifying foul shall now take place at the throw-in line in the team’s frontcourt (and they shall only be entitled to pass into the frontcourt).
– During an inbound in the final two minutes of the game, the referee administering the inbound shall give a warning to the defender (using signal and voice) about not reaching over the line and interfering with the inbound. Should this action happen, an immediate technical foul shall be assessed to that player.
– When the game clock shows 2:00 minutes or less in the fourth quarter or overtime, following a time-out taken by the team that is entitled to the possession of the ball from its backcourt, the coach of that team has the right to decide whether the game shall be resumed with a throw-in from the throw-in line in the team’s frontcourt or from the team’s backcourt at the place nearest to where the game was stopped.
– For a double foul to be called, the fouls must additionally have an equal penalty. For example if each team has 2 team fouls in the quarter, a double foul can occur, however if the defensive team instead had 5 team fouls (in the bonus), a double foul could not be called as the penalty for one of the fouls includes free throws and the other does not.